#SOL20 Day 21. If This Isn't Nice...
I've been celebrating those moments in my life for a few years now. It's the little things that make me happy. And it's those little things I want to remember. So I've resurrected my Friday Favorites, Celebrations, Gratitudes, in my new writing life.
"If this isn't nice, I don't know what is."
1. The sun is shining today and that is a wonderful mood lifter. After a couple of days of dark and dreary rain, topped off with an inch and a half of snow, sunshine is just what we need.
2. A simple trip to a Target about an hour from us (everything is an hour from us, to be fair), was also a mood lifter. It was nice to get out of the house even if we did feel rebellious doing it. We found some things that weren't in stock at our hometown grocery and felt like we won the lottery. No toilet paper, but we are OK for now!
3. We took Chloe in the car with us when we went to Target. She was as excited as we were to get out of the house. Really. I should have recorded her smiling in the car!
4. Charged up my Fitbit again, so it would remind me to get up and move every hour. It gets to easy to just snuggle in my chair.
5. I'm loving the concerts that are popping up on social media. I've started adding them to my calendar with an alert so I don't forget to watch them. Today, a couple of friends are playing since their gig got canceled. It will be good to see them!
6. We've been very intentional about keeping in touch with family and friends. Working on getting most of us on Facetime, Zoom, Skype, something so that it seems like we are together. Last night we had a glass of wine with my sister-in-law and her husband.
7. On Thursday, I wrote with the TeachWrite group via Zoom. It felt like sitting in a room with friends (and I was). The social connection a great side-benefit. Just chatting for a few minutes about the world we live in now. I honestly can't wait for the next one.
I hope you are finding your way in this "new normal" we are all experiencing. Take time every day to find your JOY.