Saturday, March 14, 2020

#SOL20 Day 14


I walked around the corner, pushing my cart. There she worked on emptying boxes of their contents. But those contents never made the shelves.

It wasn't gold or the newest iPhone she was unpacking.

It was hand sanitizer.

Now I carry a little bottle of this liquid gold all the time. It's a must in my purse and my school bag. I'm a SUB. I cover classes for sick people! Usually, I can buy a three-pack of purse size bottles at the dollar store when I need them. Not anymore. So I was pretty excited when I saw this poor woman trying to stock the shelves.

There were only three of us. And we all only wanted a bottle apiece. In fact, she handed me this HUGE bottle. I handed it back and told her I really only wanted one of the smaller ones.

It broke my heart when she turned to all of us and thanked us for being polite and not being greedy.

What in the hell has happened to our world?




2 comments:

  1. What happened, Deb? You could not get one of the little bottles? Sanitizers are indeed like gold now. They are extremely difficult to get. I was lucky enough to have one miniature one in my purse tonight. I forgot it was there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine having to restock shelves with the frenzy of crazed shoppers grabbing products. We really shouldn't be reading about fistfights at Costco, and yet we are.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...