Tuesday, March 31, 2020

#SOL20 Day 31 Almost Normal


Sitting outside on the front stoop with my last cup of coffee for the day.  I close my eyes and feel the warmth of the sun shining down, although there’s a cool “last day of March breeze” that makes me happy I have a sweatshirt on. 

The kids across the street at my neighbor's in-home daycare scream and yell their enjoyment, finally able to be outside after a long winter of being entertained inside. The big wheels rumble on the cement, and I hear them calling her name for minor annoyances.

In the distance, a chainsaw whirs, cleaning up winter debris and the strong winds of last weekend.

Chloe does her low throated growl at some unseen threat to our quiet but soon settles back down to sunbathing in the yard. Every now and then, she whines a bit for the walk that has become our habit.

A cardinal calls to his mate and the blackbird caws loudly, probably warning other birds of Chloe's presence. 

All the normal sounds of a normal spring morning.
But we know nothing is as normal as it seems.


Thanks all, for a great month of blogging. I've said to others that the community was more important than the writing at times. Stay safe, stay well, and keep writing.

2 comments:

  1. The community has meant so much this March. Glad you, and sometimes Chloe, here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are strange moments when we experience normality in this warped and twisted time. Spring is as normal as always - with the lovely signs of spring, and the moody weather.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...