Monday, March 23, 2020

#SOL20 Day 23 Fine. Whatever.



Fine. 
I'll get dressed.
I don't really want to, but
Whatever.
Really I just want is to stay in my robe
All Day.

But I'll get dressed
(comfortably, I might add)

And, fine. 
I'll join the pop-up
Writing Group
on Zoom. 

I don't really want to.
I can't think of a 
Damn Thing 
to say.

Whatever.
I'll write.
Because if I don't
Do It Now
I might not do it
At All.

And then
I won't get my notebook pages written
and forget about
A Blog Post. 
Really. 
I probably won't 
Get Anything Done.

Whatever.
Does it even matter?

Yes. Yes, it does!
Because through this whole mess, 
I've been writing and 
Being Pretty Positive. 
Today it is just hard to get motivated. 

So. Fine. Whatever.
I wrote.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, this made me laugh! So. Fine. Whatever. See, you made someone laugh out loud! That is a kind thing, much needed by me. I so relate - life is so hard right now, but our writing is the balm. Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing is definitely a sanity saver for me right now!

      Delete
  2. I love how the energy of your poem changes when you get to "Yes. Yes, it does!" Until then, your punctuation and word choice felt like a stubborn teenager; then your writers' insight takes over and you do it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I felt like a stubborn teenager this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just getting ready to say that you've been around teenagers too long!

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...