Saturday, March 3, 2018

{solsc} 3/31 #sol18 . Celebrate

Discover. Play. Build.


My favorite day to write.  
Saturday.
APPRECIATING the little MOMENTS that
bring me JOY.

Silly MOMENTS in English 9
The "3 roll finger"
"It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't wear lipstick"
And giggles.

Lunch with friends
Cheering on our girls' basketball team
as they
make school history.

Walking with Chloe
and finding spring everywhere
even among the snow piles.

Tulips sneaking their tips through the ground
Buds popping out on the lilac bush
Streams of melting snow
racing down the street.

It's not hard to find 
MOMENTS 
to celebrate
if you just take the time to look.






10 comments:

  1. Your last line: "if you just take the time to look" -- that exactly what we all need to do this month (and forever) to find the joy and celebrations in our lives. Thanks for the reminder for me to slow down this Saturday ... I wonder what I'll find. :) (This slice is a moment of celebration!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more time...
    Loved that last line too Deb!!!!
    Bonnie K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring
    among
    the snow,
    hidden for
    now but soon
    to overflow.

    -- line-lifting for a small poem for a wonderful slice
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful list and fitting for the Walt Whitman quote that heads your blog. The little things in a teaching life are my favorites. I need to join the Celebrate Saturdays community. I'll try to remember for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite day to write too! So happy for this community that shares those moments each week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taking time to notice - I need to do this much more than I do currently. I love the signs of spring popping up! Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All those little moments that are most of the time ignored and forgotten, but are oh so important to capture. Thanks for the reminder to grab on to the little moments in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven’t seen any tulips poking up yet, but I am ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, yes, "if we only take time to look! Tonight when I was walking, I saw tulips starting to poke through. And I saw some crocuses!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If only we take time to look. The words were never truer. Deb, Keep sharing.

    Peace & joy

    Purviben
    @TrivediZiemba
    http://trivediziemba.edublogs.org

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...