After the paper, I'd check Facebook and Twitter. But also lurking on my computer would be
- 40+ websites to check blog posts and portfolios
- writing drafts shared through google docs that needed feedback
- published writing that needed to be graded
- assignments from other classes that needed grading
- emails from kids with questions
All day and into the night I worked on this list, slowly whittling it down. I don't think I ever finished it, but I some point I had to move on to lesson plans for the six different English classes that I taught.
I definitely had a case of the SMONDAYS.
Since I retired, Sundays are more relaxed. I don't have to hurry through the paper. There is nothing to grade. My planning looks like this now
- two outfits for the week (jeans are always an option)
- check my calendar to see what's coming up for the week
- what movie to watch in the afternoon
- what should we fix for supper
And let me tell you, it's a lovely way to spend a Sunday.