Tuesday, March 26, 2013
#26 of 31 Never
So yesterday I wrote 10 pieces of advice for bloggers that started with ALWAYS, Of course, that means today, I have to write 10 pieces of advice that start with NEVER.
Hope I make it.
1. NEVER read someone else's blog and think "I can't write that well". You can. You just have to try. use them as a mentor text and copy what they do.
2. NEVER look back at your own writing and think, "What was I thinking writing this piece?" You were thinking you had a story to tell.
3. NEVER let the critic in your head speak louder than your words.
4. NEVER let the people around you be the critic in your head.
5. NEVER throw away a draft of something you've written. It could turn out to be something pretty awesome.
6. NEVER forget your writer's notebook.
7. NEVER think the stories of your life aren't worth telling.
8. NEVER forget to let your dog write for you once in awhile. It's nice to take a break.
9. NEVER rewrite. Revise, yes. Edit, of course. Rewrite means you didn't mean it the first time. ( Does that make sense? I'm gettin' kind of tired)
10. NEVER let "stuff" keep you from writing.