I was invited to a party earlier this month--well, actually, we all were. Leigh Anne from A Day in the Life invited us all to a Favorites Party. The idea is to share five of your favorite things with the others. You can read the whole story on her blog.
Anyway, here's what I bring to the Favorites Party...
1. Well, of course, I would have to bring Chloe to any blogging event. She's half the team after all! And she would definitely keep us all entertained.
2. Like Leigh Anne, I'd bring favorite pens. I used to be a Flair addict, and I still like them. But my new favorites are Papermate Ink Joy Gel Pens. I bought a couple at the beginning of the school year to try out and absolutely love them. They write so smoothly. Our local Shopko put them on clearance in September and I went a little crazy stocking up. They come in lots of great colors and that lets me pick colors to match my mood!
3. I would bring Culver's Concrete Mixers. Because what's a party without ice cream? Culver's is a a chain out of Wisconsin, but now have stores in the midwest--well, at least Iowa and Minnesota. They actually serve frozen custard and it is to die for. Trust me. You want some.
4. I think we may have to change the place of the party--or I'd have to have my own, because I would want you all to come to the lake. There isn't a better place in the world to relax and recharge.
|The view from our deck|
5. And I would have to bring a book. But I'm not sure which one because I keep changing my mind about favorites. I recently read a young adult novel entitled All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I want to wander with Finch and Violet. But I also liked The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner. Amazing. and it contains my favorite quote (which would technically mean I would be bring six things)--- And isn't it the best quote ever?
“If you're going to live, you might as well do painful, brave, and beautiful things.”
So there you are. My contributions to Leigh Anne's party. When you need to, join the fun. What would you bring to a favorites party?
Yay! My first "guest!" I have heard lots of people talk about those ink joy pens so I may to try those out. I am fine with moving the party to the lake! Do you remember the roller coaster in All the Bright Places? Well, I live about 7 miles from that and I have the owner's granddaughter as a student this year. And if you liked theSerpent King then you must read Goodbye Days - wow, wow, wow, what a great book. Thanks for participating!ReplyDelete
That is too cool about the roller coaster and the granddaughter! My kids and I keep talking about heading out and going to see those things. But then we started talking about what we should have to visit here. And now, I have a new book to write down!Delete
Culver's is a pretty good choice! Maybe it's the name that makes Ink Joy pens popular... it's kind of perfect.ReplyDelete
Hey, Deb it's Deb and I am attending today too! I have read some of the same great 📚 as you have and Culver's is my most favorite 🍧 Our local shops is closed for winter and while my waist is happy my ❤️️ is NOT! Guess the 🎉 moved to the lake! See you soon!ReplyDelete
I love those pens, and I adore your Chloe. What breed is she again? Barganing with hubby for a dog :)ReplyDelete
Chloe is a Goldendoodle--part Golden Retriever, part Standard Poodle. Very smart and very loveableDelete
We share some of the same favorites! You can't beat being at the lake!ReplyDelete
We also share some of the same favorites - dogs (our Maggie is a golden retriever), Flair pens (can't wait now to go get some Ink Joys), ice cream (we have Culver's in TN too), the lake (our peaceful home away from home - and I have glasses just like yours), and always, ALWAYS a good book (my favorites lately have been the Louise Penny Chief Inspector Armand Gamache mystery series)! Love this idea!ReplyDelete
Love your list! I think the lake is a great suggestion. As you said, it is relaxing and who doesn't love that!ReplyDelete
Chloe, the lake, and a book(s) and a quote. Sounds like a great party. I think I'll have to drop by soon.ReplyDelete
I've never heard of Culver's, don't think it's here, but will look! I've love to come to your party at the lake-so nice to imagine. We used to live by a lake, heavenly. And I don't know those ink joy pens-will look! Thanks for sharing! This idea came from a real party I went to, Deb, and I need to do my own post now from Leigh Anne's idea.ReplyDelete
It wouldn't have been a true party without Chloe. I enjoy Leigh Anne's party with all the fun things people bring along.ReplyDelete
Deb, I'm in. Let's party on at your lake front view. I am RSVPing at my March 15th post.ReplyDelete
Love your list!ReplyDelete