I was invited to a party earlier this month--well, actually, we all were. Leigh Anne from A Day in the Life invited us all to a Favorites Party. The idea is to share five of your favorite things with the others. You can read the whole story on her blog.
Anyway, here's what I bring to the Favorites Party...
1. Well, of course, I would have to bring Chloe to any blogging event. She's half the team after all! And she would definitely keep us all entertained.
2. Like Leigh Anne, I'd bring favorite pens. I used to be a Flair addict, and I still like them. But my new favorites are Papermate Ink Joy Gel Pens. I bought a couple at the beginning of the school year to try out and absolutely love them. They write so smoothly. Our local Shopko put them on clearance in September and I went a little crazy stocking up. They come in lots of great colors and that lets me pick colors to match my mood!
3. I would bring Culver's Concrete Mixers. Because what's a party without ice cream? Culver's is a a chain out of Wisconsin, but now have stores in the midwest--well, at least Iowa and Minnesota. They actually serve frozen custard and it is to die for. Trust me. You want some.
4. I think we may have to change the place of the party--or I'd have to have my own, because I would want you all to come to the lake. There isn't a better place in the world to relax and recharge.
|The view from our deck|
5. And I would have to bring a book. But I'm not sure which one because I keep changing my mind about favorites. I recently read a young adult novel entitled All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I want to wander with Finch and Violet. But I also liked The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner. Amazing. and it contains my favorite quote (which would technically mean I would be bring six things)--- And isn't it the best quote ever?
“If you're going to live, you might as well do painful, brave, and beautiful things.”
So there you are. My contributions to Leigh Anne's party. When you need to, join the fun. What would you bring to a favorites party?