Monday, March 6, 2023

6/31 #sol23 #CelebrateMonday

 Antoinette posted a slice this morning that dovetailed right into what I was thinking.

I have always liked Mondays. Probably because it seemed like I spent most of Sunday getting ready for it.


But on Mondays, I was ready for the week. I was organized and looked like I knew what I was doing. At least for Monday.

I was the annoyingly cheerful person who posted motivational Monday memes and used the #CelebrateMonday hashtag on Twitter.


But, now I'm retired. And Mondays are awesome! While the rest of the world is going to work, I am sitting in my pajamas, drinking more coffee than I need. I don't shower til 9:00 at least, and then I may put my robe back on. 

I sit leisurely in my recliner, watching the Today show, and making a to-do list of things I will try to do this week. But if not, they can be done next week, except for the bathroom. That is an absolute must-do today. Oh. And birthday cards. There are a couple coming up this week.

I may walk Sophie. I might go to the grocery store. I might dust and vaccum. 

Or I might read my book all day. 









9 comments:

  1. Love that poster! I like retired Mondays a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this perspective. Your Monday post sure carried the joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, that's just delightful on a Monday morning. I once asked a good friend her favorite day of the week and time. She said she liked Sunday evenings best, because it was the most relaxing time of her week. She's not a teacher...... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't begin to explain how nice Sunday nights are now

      Delete
  4. Love this! You gave a great description of the rhythm of your morning. And probably made many people envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mornings are so nice now. I can take my time and and ease into the day

      Delete
  5. A meme inspired slice! Funny how the perspective changes over time and life's circumstances. I'll be able to enjoy in two weeks when we are on spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love memes. This one was fun to write!

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...