Friday, March 3, 2023

3/31 #solsc Meet Sophie



Some Things About Me, Sophie (not Mom)

Hi! My name is Sophie and I am one and a half. I’ll be two this summer. My birthday is the same as my dad’s! Mom said I should introduce myself since she’s writing on here I thought, why not? I’m kinda bored anyway. 

1. The number one, most important thing you should know about me is I like to play!  All day! From the time I get up in the morning until Mom makes me take a nap or go to bed, I like to run and tug and race around the yard. I like to play with other dogs, and with kids, but mostly with Mom and Dad.

2 Squeaky chew toys are the best ‘cause if no one will play with me,  I can just chew and squeak. All day long.

3. Rocks are the best toy, though. I love ‘em! Every day when there isn’t any snow I find a rock to play with. I can make them jump! Can you do that? I also like to just suck on them. I don't chew them. They're too hard. But sometimes, if I'm kind of nervous, I just hold them in my mouth and everything is all better. I try to sneak them in the house, but Mom is pretty good at noticing if I do that.

4. I can talk. And one of these days, Mom will get a video to prove it!

5. I hate naps. But Mom says I have to settle down sometime and she makes me. If I don't take a nap, she says I get grouchy! I don't think I do, but when Mom makes me rest, I usually fall asleep for a little bit.

6. I LOVE to go in the car. We almost always go somewhere fun! Sometimes it takes a really long time to go somewhere. This winter we got in the car and drove FOREVER! When we stopped a couple of times we stayed in little rooms and I had to be really really quiet. I hate that. But finally, we got to a house and my Aunt Sue and Uncle Larry were there and it had a big backyard and there was no snow and I could run and run and run.  And there were really nice rocks! That was the best! 

7. I'm learning to be really good when I go with Mom and Dad places. Sometimes they go places that let dogs come. I really like to go to those places. I have to be really good, but Mom usually brings me a toy or a bone to play with. And sometimes I find a rock.

Well, I've got a new bone to break in, so I'm going to go now. Mom says she might let me talk to you guys again if I'm really good, so I'll try! 

See you later!

Sophie


11 comments:

  1. Hi, Sophie! You’re sure cute. Naps will make you stronger and happier, so listen to mom. It’s good to learn to play alone and entertain yourself. Good talk. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. Mom says its a good thing I'm cute.

      Delete
  2. Sophie is adorable! She looks like Fish and Dasher (who I wrote about on the first and second day of this challenge) from Mo Mountain Mutts. I'll have to show Ari some photos of her. He will love on Sophie from afar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey. I'm sure Sophie will make a couple more appearances this month.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love Sophie! What a creative way to introduce her (I might borrow this idea for a post introducing my new cat). Sophie is just beautiful, and I love her zest for life, which comes across so well through the details you've selected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh. She's got a zest alright! She can be kind of crazy!

      Delete
  4. She is adorable. I love the line about loving to hold rocks in her mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The rocks do seem to calm her down.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sophie! It is so nice to meet you. I actually thought about you and your mom last weekend when the Iowa women beat Indiana. That was a very good game. Do you watch basketball? I hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom and Dad watch basketball ALL THE TIME! They yell at the TV and make lots of noise. Usually, I just go into the bedroom where it's nice and quiet!

      Delete
  6. Lovely to read what you consider important about yourself. Young and naps rarely go together. You might enjoy naps once you get older. (Terje)

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...