Thursday, March 2, 2023

2/31 #solsc 10 Things About Me

10 Things About Me
1. Married for 39 years with 2 kids and 7 grandkids.  I don’t know how I ended up with 7 grandkids. I’m not old enough for that!

2. I went to college as a nursing major, but changed to education as soon as I set foot on campus.

3.  I subbed/taught/subbed for 35 years. Started in 7th grade, finished with high school kids. When people ask me what I taught, I usually respond with, “anything I could”. In reality, general English, Creative Writing, Speech, a variety of reading classes. 

4. I am and always will be a school geek. August is the beginning of a new year. I love back to school sales. There is nothing better than new pens and notebooks.

5. My husband and I love a good road trip (Sophie does too!). We plan those much like I planned units in school. But then usually throw out the day by day plans and fly by the seat of our pants.

6. I love craft beers and good red wine.

7. I hate everything about bananas—smell, taste, texture. Ask anyone. Family, friends, former students will all tell you the same thing. Students used to have to eat them in the hall if they brought them as a snack. My husband eats one every night IN THE KITCHEN and puts the peel in a sack before putting it in the garbage. I’m kind of dictator about them!

8. I’d go back to teaching if Hogwarts called sent an owl.

9. I live in northeast Iowa, but Maui is the home of my heart and soul.

10. I would eat ice cream every single day if I could. Chocolate in any form (but not mint), peanut butter or salted caramel are my go tos. Also, a good brand, not a store brand. Kind of picky, aren’t I. But my mom always told me that life is too short to read bad books or eat bad ice cream. Some things are just worth the extra price.



11 comments:

  1. What a joyful list! I feel as if I have met you in person - which is delightful. I laughed at your horror about bananas, imagining your husband sneaking one every day. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Lists are one of my favorite ways to blog! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love your list! I may copy this idea. And, I'd love to discuss craft beers with you. I like to try local (Chicago) brews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copy away! I actually found the original idea on Pinterest and saved to my blogging board.

      Delete
  3. Ha! Go to Hogwarts and eat ice-cream for breakfast! This is a good dream, and while you wait for the owl, you sure can eat ice-cream already now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream for breakfast does sound pretty good...

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh...#4! I still get SO excited and 'buy' too much at Back to School sales...always, a package of notebook paper and some new pens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love new pens. I've been holding off for awhile now, but a splurge might be coming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your introduction and reading it I was thinking uou must surely be a fun grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such fun ways to learn about other people. I could never be a nurse and August is my favorite time of year! Nothing like new supplies whether you need them or not!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the smell of bananas.... We don't have a lot of family rules but one of them is that no one eats bananas in my car ever because I can't stand the smell. I love this format and how a list of 10 things can share so many inviting details.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...