Saturday, March 4, 2023

4/31 #sol23. Begin Again (Saturday Morning Ramblings)

Spring exists

To remind us that

Everything can

Begin 

Again

These words spoke to me this morning as I read them 

(Sorry. They aren't mine and no author was listed. Found this on the Poetry Lovers Facebook page)

Begin Again

Reconnect

March is giving me that chance. Finding old blogging friends is rejuvenating my writing. And while I know that the middle of March "I don't have anything to write about" blues will rear their ugly head, right now, writing and sharing are fun again. 

Begin Again

Reconnect

Sophie and I took a walk yesterday. We hadn't had our daily walk for a couple of months. Too much ice and snow. And definitely too cold. But yesterday---

Spring began working its magic.

Sunny and 40.

Snow is melting, sidewalks are clearing.

Tulips are peeking up through the dirt (I really need to bring the Santa flag in)

Sophie had a blast on our walk. Darting back and forth in front of me (and sometimes behind me), I swear she smelled every fire hydrant, tree, potty spot on our route. I kept reminding myself that this walk was for her, not me. 

Begin again.

Reconnect












6 comments:

  1. Lovely images - and the Begin Again theme is so uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping to get a walk in today between the rain showers. Your post is encouraging me to get out there. "Begin again" is a good mantra for someone who's lost her walking rhythm this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, lovely repetition of "Begin Again" and your "Reconnect", which adds purpose to this time of spring magic. You are being intentional and it shows in this post. I, too, love those spring "Sunny and 40" days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the rhythm of your post and the way you used "begin again / reconnect" as a refrain. More than most years (I think since we've had such unusually warm weather - often we're still slogging through snow and have been for months!), March carries that magic of new beginnings and re-beginnings. Blogging, nature, and spring activities ahead on the calendar: it really does feel like anything is possible. My favorite line was actually your reminder about Sophie though, that your walk was for her, not for you. It's so powerful to let a little one (kids for me, dog for you) guide and lead your time together, even though you're tempted to hurry / direct / make it go "right". I can't wait to keep getting to know Sophie through your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sophie walks have to be for her, not my exercise. She really needs to explore and use her senses. She's much better behaved when she gets her walk!

      Delete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...