Things I Just Don't Understand.... (17/31)
Last year on my birthday, I posted things I had learned in 54 years. This year I thought I'd make a list of things I still don't understand after 55 years.
1. I don't understand how people can hold grudges for so long. How can they go for years not talking to people they once loved?
2. Mean people. Have a piece of chocolate and smile.
3. People who don't like chocolate. How can you not like chocolate. If it doesn't contain chocolate, it's not candy.
4. Old People. And I don't mean people over a certain age. I mean those who act old, people who don't have any fun in their life. Grow little for heavens sake! Sing in the car. Watch Sponge-Bob. Play with kindergarteners.
5. Teachers who don't read.
6. Teachers who don't write.
7. Teachers who don't read, but "teach" reading.
8. Ditto the writing teachers.
9. Teachers who don't care about the whole child.
10. The new timeline on Facebook.
11. Voting only by party.
12. People who still don't think the President is American...or Christian.
13. Thong underwear
14. Lounge lizards--you know who they are. Always sitting and complaining in the lounge, but never a concrete idea to improve school.
15. Lot lizards--the kids who sit in their cars in the parking lot in front of school and do the same thing with the same result.
16. How a 15-seed can beat a 2-seed (my bracket's busted!)
17. Why it isn't this nice every year on my birthday!
18. How you can drop some people in the middle of nowhere and they can find their way home and other people get lost going around the block.
19. Standardized tests.
20. Why schools and governments want to punish EVERYONE when only a few people break a rule or the law....
21. Not having time to read.
22. How some teacher/bloggers get so much read (but I'm glad they do! Makes life and buying books much easier for me!)
23. People who don't do anything outside of their 8 hours, but say they don't have time for a committee.
24. People who are ALWAYS late.
25. How I got to be 55!!!!!!!!