Wednesday, March 11, 2015

{#sol15} 11/31 All is Right With the World

https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/
Join us at Two Writing Teachers
for the March Slice of Life challenge.
Share your stories!

It's crazy how one little text message can change your whole outlook.

How the words "I got good news..." can bring a smile to your face and tears to your eyes.

Knowing that the good news they shared will make a difference in their outlook. They will face their fears, be stronger and move forward.

It's still not my story to tell

but the ending is looking a little better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere around 7+ years ago, our oldest son brought us a great gift. A wonderful woman and her twins. I can't imagine life without them. Today A and B are 9 years old.  Happy Birthday to "double trouble" as Grandpa calls them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And the sun is shining, the birds are singing and the snow is melting. Chloe is happy because we have been walking after school every day this week and then I sit on the back deck so she can chase the squirrels and birds out of the yard.

And all is right in our world.

4 comments:

  1. Good news is good news, that makes the world a happier place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for good news, melting snow and double birthdays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All IS right in the world. So much little and BIG to celebrate -- even if it's not your story to tell. :) The twins are 9?! Wow! Funny thing -- my girls are told usually by strangers, "Oh, double trouble." And my M. has learned to respond with, "No, you're double trouble." I say, "Double the fun!" :)

    May I borrow this writing idea? Little snippets of "all that is good" in my corner of the world? Just a beautiful day to celebrate! Thanks Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartwarming, Deb. My husband is grandfather to my son's daughter, and he is the best grandpa "the girl," as he calls her, could have.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...