Friday, January 10, 2020

Friday Favorites

Now that I've started Friday Favorites again, I sure am paying attention to the little things that make me happy. Thanks to Michelle and #100daysofnotebooking for getting me started again!

1. I truly love subbing. I get to meet so many great kids and work in such a variety of environments. It's the perfect job for the "in-between" of working full time and not working at all. Some of my favorite "jobs" have been for special ed teachers. I love that usually they have small groups of kids and I can spend time getting to know them.  I feel like I am really doing more than babysitting.




2. But some days, it's nice NOT to get a call. And this lets me get lots of things done. Monday I spent the day cleaning--really cleaning--our house. It brings me a little bit of JOY when I sit back at the end of the day and everything looks nice and smells good.



3. Thursday I didn't get a call, so I decided it was a good day to paint my closet. It's the one upstairs that holds all the Christmas decorations in the back and my work clothes in the front. When I brought out all the decorations in November,  I was appalled at how bad the walls were in this closet. And I was thinking about how nice the kitchen and bathroom ceilings looked with a fresh coat of paint, so I put this closet on my list. I didn't put anything back in it when I took down decorations. I threw them in the guest room until I could get the closet done. The MAGIC of a little coat of white paint is amazing.  This afternoon I can put things back and be organized!




4. I'm loving how one little thing can become a notebook page. I'm taking it as a sign when a word or thought shows up several times in the morning. Just today I was thinking about Mitch and telling him to just read 10 minutes > thinking about 10 minutes of reading in class > Andy's notebook page and 10 minutes to find your must > realizing I wrote about this before!


5. I love my reading friends and family. I have had so many books shared with me in the last couple of weeks. My TBR pile is tipping over! The last couple of days I read One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus. It was recommended by two friends, so I had to read it. It had been a long time since I read a YA book, and I was glad I tried this one. It was a fun read. A mystery full of plot twists, it's one I'm going to recommend to my granddaughters.



No comments:

Post a Comment

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...