Tuesday, February 27, 2018

#sol18 Getting Ready

"Write as if you are talking to someone. It works. Don't put on any fancy phrases or accents or things you wouldn't say in real life."
                                                   ~~~Maeve Binchy~~~

I need these words this morning. I was going to save them for Thursday (You know what Thursday is? Right?) But I need them today.

I've been getting myself ready for the Slice of Life Challenge this week. And for some reason, I thought I needed some fancy way of writing about it this morning. I tried some poetry (I can't force poetry). I tried being inspirational (That sounded really fake). I looked through my notebook trying to find something to slice about.

And then I found the quote.

And she's right. So. Here's what I've been doing to get ready:

I've read through some old blog posts, especially the ones I write on March 1st. I think introductions are important and I like to introduce Chloe and me on that day so people know who were are. I'm struggling a bit this year with just the right style, but I've got some notes written in my notebook so something will come to me.

I've also marked some pages in my notebook for entries that I could turn into blog posts. I've been writing pretty consistently since January and I think these pages of writing are going to come in handy about the middle of the month when my inspiration takes a break.

My Pinterest board (Blogging and Journaling) is packed with things I could write about and a few writing quotes that I've found to inspire me as I write through the month. I also have a folder on my desktop with ideas, so I should be good, but I'm going to add some more things in the next couple of days, mostly to keep me fired up to write.

An idea stolen from another blogger, I've set up my blog pages and they are ready to go--now I just have to fill them with words.

And. I think I'm ready for this writing journey. My seventh eighth one.

Will you join me?






8 comments:

  1. Love the quote. I've been getting ready for the March challenge too. I've actually got a plan, now just to follow thru. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to find a quote (or two) to have in the back up file for March. I've been jotting some ideas and working on my intro post too. Are you sure this is year seven? Didn't you start in 2011? That would make this year eight! I thought we started at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote, Deb! You sound like you are ready. So here's to March and 31 Slices and lots of reading/commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll join you. I am impressed how ready you are. My post is about how I am not ready. I hope you don't mind when I visit your pinterest board for inspiration. Happy writing, Deb and Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a year seven slicer. Every year I'm a bit petrified and never ready ahead of time like so many of you. But somehow, the words come and 31 slices get written. Looking forward to the intro from you and Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't thought of creating a Pinterest board! What a great idea! I think I'll borrow your idea! Thank you! Looking forward to slicing along with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. And here we go, Deb! Yes, year 8 for us! I can't believe it. I'm not so ready yet, but plan to tackle 31 days of writing. The good, the bad, and even the ugly or funny or the new puppy writes. :) Always look forward to sharing stories with you during the month of March!

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...