Tuesday, May 8, 2018

#sol18 Walking with Grandpa

I see the girls first.
Twirling,
Skipping,
Walking backward.

They make me smile with their simple joy. And then I notice who they are walking to school with. It has to be Grandpa and his old black lab. They are walking slowly, and you can tell, Grandpa is listening intently to the animated conversations he's being gifted with this morning. I think how lucky they all are, to have these special moments in the morning.

The girls will head into school and start their day having been listened to, loved and appreciated. Grandpa and the lab will head home with smiles and Gramps will chuckle several times throughout the day thinking about the conversation as they walked. They too will have been listened to, loved and appreciated. Isn't that a lovely way to start your day?

And me? I start my school day with a smile too and an appreciation for the little things.

6 comments:

  1. How very true. What simply joy we can bring to each other's lives! You remind me of this quote that sits on my desk: "Enjoy the little things for one day you may look back and discover they were the big things."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days those little things are the ones that makes all the difference! Thank you for sharing your little slice of sunshine with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet slice. A scene like this brightens up the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hearts are full this morning because of this simple act of walking to school. This will put a smile on everyone who reads it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture your words created so vividly. Yes, a lovely start.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Something as simple as really listening means so much to each of us. Sometimes we forget to listen and only think about what we're going to say next. This put a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...