Monday, April 22, 2013

D. 4/21/13

Every Morning:

"Mornin' D. How are you today?"
"Mornin" Ms. Day. I'm good."
Head down.
Capped pulled low.
Hair in eyes.

Some mornings:

"Mornin' D. Would you take this down to my room?"
"No prob, Ms. Day"

Last Week:
I miss D sitting on the planters texting 
who knows who
at 7:30am.
I miss D and our two sentence conversations.

Yesterday:
A one sentence conversation
"D committed suicide this morning."

Today:
I thought I was fine,
ready for what the day had to bring,
But the planter knocked me for a loop.

Good-bye D.
I'll miss you.

2 comments:

  1. Deb, I am so sorry to read of this tragedy. My prayers are with you, the students, and family. May they bring comfort and peace to each of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb, I'm so sorry. I have tears as I'm sure you do. You just paid such tribute to this child by writing about "him?" I had this happen when the student was already in high school, but still, & I still am in touch with her parents-such a waste. I wish I could give you a big hug. You are brave to share, but know that now so many of us are sending thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...