Thursday, January 4, 2018

2018: A Year to Appreciate

I started a list this morning of the things I am looking forward to in the coming year:

  • Traveling: I don't know where we'll go, but I know we will start planning some trips soon
  • The Eagles concert in March. Although we've seen them before, this is a group I could see a million times.
  • Lake time, of course (Only 100 more days until we can open the cabin)
  • I don't have to worry about snow/cold days anymore!
  • Which means I don't have to worry about making up snow and cold days anymore!
  • A midwinter trip somewhere

And then I realized that what I'm really looking forward to is the 


that being retired brings me. I now have the freedom to:
  • sleep in or get up early
  • work or not work
  • read all day or be productive
  • scrapbook or write
  • travel or enjoy my home
  • clean my house or close my eyes
I'm loving this life of no schedules--the ability to take off on vacation or a shopping day in the middle of the week is awesome. I love choosing when and if and how much I work. Subbing in our little district is great because no matter what classroom I am in, I feel at home because those are still my kids. 

I guess you could say I have eased into retirement well. I'm learning to APPRECIATE this new time in my life.

1 comment:

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...