- Traveling: I don't know where we'll go, but I know we will start planning some trips soon
- The Eagles concert in March. Although we've seen them before, this is a group I could see a million times.
- Lake time, of course (Only 100 more days until we can open the cabin)
- I don't have to worry about snow/cold days anymore!
- Which means I don't have to worry about making up snow and cold days anymore!
- A midwinter trip somewhere
And then I realized that what I'm really looking forward to is the
that being retired brings me. I now have the freedom to:
- sleep in or get up early
- work or not work
- read all day or be productive
- scrapbook or write
- travel or enjoy my home
- clean my house or close my eyes
I'm loving this life of no schedules--the ability to take off on vacation or a shopping day in the middle of the week is awesome. I love choosing when and if and how much I work. Subbing in our little district is great because no matter what classroom I am in, I feel at home because those are still my kids.
I guess you could say I have eased into retirement well. I'm learning to APPRECIATE this new time in my life.