Tuesday, February 28, 2017
I didn't recognize it.
What found it's way into my heart and soul?
And then I remembered.
It's almost March.
Time to reflect. Time to share stories.
Time to write.
And so, I readied myself. I set up all my posts. I checked my Pinterest board for ideas. Chloe wrote the first post.
See you tomorrow.
Saturday, February 25, 2017
February is brutal when it comes to time.
I'm up early this morning for another speech contest. Individual events this time. It's the next to last contest I'll ever coach.
But here's what I celebrated in the last couple of weeks
- Great performances from my kids at our last contest.
- Senior boys acting group who were honored with an All-State selection
- An instructional coach I love in my room
- A friend who comes to check on me during a mini-meltdown (inevitable in February)
- Being so busy there's no time to "count down" to the end
- My school kids who also get that these are days to remember and celebrate
- Longer days so that it isn't dark out when I leave school
- Valentine flowers
- Snow days
- Speech contest is only an hour late today after the blizzard of yesterday
- A co-coach this year who helps make sure everything gets done
- Ruth and writing group and their Facebook live event! It was so fun to see them all.
OK. It's all I've got today. I'll be back next week and will try to write a real post!
Saturday, February 11, 2017
It's little things that drag us
Like a nasty email from a disgruntled student
we rise above it, and that is worth a celebration
We need to remember more students like us than
and they show us that love
in our classrooms
visits from former students come at
the right time
to remind us we have
goodness with the world
It's the little things that make a
Chloe snoring peacefully on the couch
A new connection with an old student
All-State selections (but that's kind of a big one)
Texts from grandkids asking which book should be read
Laughs with friends
Puppy pictures shared