- He turns off the bedroom TV when I fall asleep in front of it.
- When people call after 9, he tells them I'm in bed ('cause I usually am!)
- He tells them I'm busy when they call on Sunday bath nights
- He calls and says, "How about we order out tonight?"
- He cooks.
- He "lets" me stay at the lake most of the summer while he has to go home to work.
- He defends teachers--especially to the "Must be nice to be off at 4" or "Must be nice to have the summer off" people.
District speech contest is this weekend, so as always, he was going to go and visit his brother tonight. He hates to stay home alone. But with a snowstorm coming, he probably wouldn't have made it today, so he went last night.
When I got home late from school, the outside light was on so I could see, the shovel was pulled across the cement in front of the house--over the ice patch that has formed, and the kitchen light was on.
But what made me chuckle was the note on the fridge board. I guess he thought I wouldn't notice these things...
Walk along the fence.
Big ice patch has formed from faucet.
Out of milk soon.
Even when he's gone, he's here and taking care of me. That's love.