Saturday, December 21, 2013

Aloha

Here I sit in the airport terminal, finally getting ready to board a plane to take us on a trip we've been planning for a very long time. It didn't seem real. Not when we packed and checked our lists a million and one times.  Not when we dropped Chloe off at our son's home. Not even yesterday as we drove down to the motel where we stayed for the night.

I'm not sure it's real now.

Maybe when I get that lei around my neck....

So this week I'm celebrating
     A much needed break from school and life as I know it
     No grading
     No snow ( a winter storm is heading to Iowa tonight)
    
I am also celebrating 30 years of marriage to a great guy.

It doesn't get better than that.

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you a holiday filled with sunshine, joy and many, many fun moments to make memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great things to be thankful for, Deb. Have a great time, rejuvenate and soak in some sun and fun. It's OK to be jealous, right? It's the good kind, though, where I hope a friend has fun even as I wish I were coming along for the ride.
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...