Saturday, January 18, 2014

Time to Celebrate

Discover. Play. Build.  My friend Ruth Ayres has created a wonderful spot for sharing moments from your week. She even has  a page to give you all the details you need to know about sharing yor own celebrations. So head  on over and see what everyone else is celebrating. Normally, I would give you a link to her site and the exact page, but I am writing this from my iPhone and haven't figured out how to do that yet from the blogger app:)

This week I'm celebrating...

My new iPhone 5c. It took along time to convinced my husband that a smartphone was worth the added expense and then that we needed two cell phones. It didn't take long for him to decide he liked all the iPhone could do, especially getting directions when we were a little lost or getting the road conditions while traveling. Right now he got himself a tracfone, but I have a feeling that by this time next year, he'll have his own iPhone. 

Celebration 2. The new blog that my school family and I have started. As part of our professional learning time, we have started a blog to reflect and share information on our flip class journey. Check it out if you would like over at flippingfamily. blogspot.com. We've written our intro posts and a couple of others, so things are getting started.

Celebration 3: We also got a nice write up from our district. I'll see if I can figure out how to link that later:). Let's see if I've got it now
 http://howard-winnpublicrelations.blogspot.com/2014/01/exploring-flipped-learning-at-howard.html?m=1. 
 Woohoo. Except it doesn't link. Hmmmmm



Celebration 4: my creative writing 2 class is coming along. They have blogs up and running  we have connected with another small class accross the state, and the drafts of their first genre has been handed in. I think I will find lots of reading and writing joy as this group continues through the semester. 

Well, that about does it for this week. Hope you all found the fun and the joy in your week. Be sure to celebrate and share it with the world over at ruthayreswrites.blogspot.com

Aloha




8 comments:

  1. Hard to believe you wrote all that on your phone! You're good with the tiny keyboard! Happy you had a good week-will check out the new blog. I'm thinking our school needs something, but it may need to be private. Thanks for introducing this Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely have to check out your new blog, Deb. Looking forward to hearing about the write up - definitely something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no doubt you will figure out all the cool tricks of the iphone. Totally impressed that you posted from it. The blog looks great! I'm sure it will be a great resource for others who want to begin this journey of flipping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - all that writing on your phone makes me wonder about an Iphone 5 for my future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the iPhone, and I can't believe you wrote that post on your phone! Impressive. I'm really interested in your school blog. I'm just trying to get my staff into reading blogs. A school site sounds so great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new phone! I am still trying to figure out how to comment on blogs using my iPhone. (Feel free to advice if you know how.) Your flip blog looks great! It is on my list to check regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Aloha spirit is coming across in the voice of your posts this year! The blog is an exciting new project with your school family. I love it! I feel extra special that I got to meet the family in person. Congrats on the iPhone, too. I think you are right about your husband getting one in a year. My husband was a PC guy all his life, and recently fell in love with Macs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly have set an example on writing long from a phone. Then again it is clear that it would have been difficult to leave any of the celebrations out. Cheers to writing and blogging!

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...