Tuesday, August 23, 2016

"This Is Me, Giving 100%"

Last year was not my finest as a teacher.
I taught like a short-timer.
Everything I did was just "good enough".
I let negative thoughts about certain kids color my connections with them.


A wonderful thing happened--an amazing student teacher entered my classroom and it rejuvenated me. She reminded me of the excitement of teaching.

And I realized, I didn't want to be done yet, but if I was going to keep going, I needed an attitude adjustment. I didn't want to retire after my worst year, I want to leave on top of my game. To quote Phelps again, "I never wanted to look back 20 years down the road and say 'what if I did this differently, what if I did that differently'. This is me giving 100 percent."

So, mentally I am ready. I'm looking forward to classes and kids. I have long range plans for a couple of classes I've been less than enthusiastic about. I'm ready to make new?  better? improved connections with students. I have a new mindset.

This is me. Giving 100%

2 comments:

  1. Michelle also had a bad year last year, but is looking forward with a "new attitude". She developed a "Positive Comments" board on Pinterest - check it out - there's lots of good thoughts. Good luck on your "new" year and attitude!

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...