A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a post for your brothers with all the things I hope and wish for them--things Grandma thought it was important for them to know. After reading teacherdance's blog the other day, I decided I'd better get one written for you girls too!
1. Learn some basic car maintenance--or at least know the name of one really good mechanic who won't cheat you just because you are a woman.
2. It's fun to pretend to be a princess, but in the real world, women need to take care of themselves.
3. Boys make great friends, NOT just boyfriends.
4. It's nice to have a man in your life, but don't let them become a necessity. Be with someone because you want to be, not because you have to be.
5. Bugs are not scary creatures and the ones around here won't kill you! Step on that spider for heavens sakes!
6. Be nice to people, including yourself. Always make time for you.
7. Stand up for yourself and others. If you know something is wrong, don't put up with it. Deal with it.
8. Learn to cook.
9. Try new things. Sitting back and watching others have fun is not fun for you.
10. Dance, even if you're not very good at it!
11. Laugh every day and surround yourself with people who make you laugh.
12. Find something you are passionate about and make it an important part of your life.
13. Read! Grandma can't wait to introduce you to some more of her favorite characters.
14. Stay active. And try something besides cheerleading!
15. Remember, parents make mistakes, but they always make them because they love you. (Grandma, however, is always right)
16. When dad says he won't let you date until you are 30, call Grandma. I'll straighten him out.
17. And remember what Grandma always tells you, "No wussie girls!"