Thursday, March 3, 2011

SOLS #3: They Talk to Walls

Beware Touts and Pick-Pockets are operating in this areaphoto © 2009 Ged Carroll | more info (via: Wylio)



Loud.

One by one they enter our room. I know the seven or eight who are signed up to come. It's the audience I'm unsure of.

It's Speech season...

Crazy, rowdy, Loud speech kids...

Talking to walls, singing random songs, dancing

Teasing, laughing, hugging.

Tonight, they are snitching my Teddy Grahams like Fagin's pickpockets...and giggling.

Loud.



8 comments:

  1. Terrific sensory details in the description of your enthusiastic kids! When I walk into my classroom, my students are like tombstones and it takes me all of the class session to wake their brains up. A big difference between youth and young adult. (I'm jealous!)

    Elizabeth E.
    http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com
    P.S. Thanks for your comment on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your structure. The wording is upbeat and definitely captures the moment. :)MaryHelen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw those kids in my mind's eye. It made me think of my oldest son when he was on the speech team. I wondered if he entered the room the way you described.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wanda--I'll bet he did! Speech kids have an abundance of energy! Especially at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I only live with hs kids (and an abundance of other kids). You actually have to teach them something! Sounds like you have lots of fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post actually describes my contest speech kids--extra curricular! And we practice HARD! But we do have a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of your slice. I like the way the word "loud" runs like a thread through the piece. It feels like it has a rhythm and it is fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I like the sensory detail. I can see the scene in my mind.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...