Ruth Ayres has created a wonderful spot for sharing moments from your week. She even has a page to give you all the details you need to know about sharing your own celebrations. So head on over and see what everyone else is celebrating.
Can't believe the last time I blogged was in APRIL. I've been getting subtle (and not so subtle) nudges to get going again. I never intended to stop forever. Just needed to focus on the end of the school year and finish strong.
And I did. So that's celebration #1--school is out and my brain can kind of relax.
My husband asks me every year on the night school gets out, "What does that even feel like? Knowing you don't have to go to work for a couple of months."
- it's sitting down after supper and there is nothing that has to be graded for class tomorrow
- it's waking up and realizing the alarm won't go off and you can turn over and sleep a bit more if you want to
- realizing over morning coffee that you don't have to:
- shower right away,
- get dressed right away or
- rush to school to make copies
- dozing in your chair in the middle of the afternoon if you want to
- it's not knowing the day of the week or date of the month
- finally not thinking at a certain time of the day what class you would have
- it's getting to stay up late reading
- or watching Jimmy Fallon
- or watching an old movie you find while channel switching
- it's reading something other than a professional book or a young adult novel (although I will read those things also)
- it's getting to take long walks with Chloe
- it's not being exhausted on Friday
- it's Sunday night get togethers at the lake
- it's loving your job, but knowing you need this time to rest and rejuvenate
- it's finding me again
Here's to celebrating summer vacation!