|Ruth Ayres has created a wonderful spot for sharing moments from your week. She even has a page to give you all the details you need to know about sharing your own celebrations. So head on over and see what everyone else is celebrating.|
It's been a good week---a long one, but a good one.
1. It's my last week of speech practice this year. State is today. As much as I love my speech kids and the work we do, I'm always happy to see it end. No more 10 hour days at school! Now I can rest up and think about next year.
2. Our districts public relations person came on Thursday and interviewed me and several of the kids about the speech program. It's great to get a little recognition for what we do.
3. Twice this week I've shared pictures of my classroom with people on Twitter. There's some buzz going on about creative spaces in high schools. I love my collaborative desks and the ability we have to write on them with dry erase markers. Great for sketching out ideas. The comfy chairs and bean bags are the favorite places to sit when working. Think I'm going to have to get rid of one chair at the end of the year though (if it makes it to the end of the year....) I've created a Pinterest board of the seating and spaces in our high school if you are interested.
4. It's the end of 3rd quarter. Wow. We're heading into the final lap!
5. Snow has been melting! The streets are no longer ice covered. Chloe and I can walk again!
And how was your week?