Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Chloe

 

After Chloe died, I saw her all the time out of the corner of my eye

  • laying on the love seat, staring out the window
  • on "her" corner of the couch
  • in the kennel
On walks, I'd smile at things I knew she'd have to stop and investigate. On really tough days, when I often cried while I walked, I'm pretty sure she sent my new friend Henry (a big, beautiful black doodle) to give me hugs. Those first few months were especially hard. Chloe was such an important part of our lives.

Gradually, things have gotten better.

We still have tears once in a while, but more often we laugh about the silly things she did. We talk about her naturally, share Chloe stories, and ...

Well, we knew it was time.

And I think Chloe knew it was time.

I haven't "seen" her in a while. 

And on Sunday, when we picked out Sophie, I'm pretty sure she was smiling down on us.




2 comments:

  1. It's fun to think about the Chloe stories you've shared with us. I wonder how long it will be before your new pup pens a post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...