Sunday, March 8, 2020

#SOL20 Day 8 Smonday


Even now, two and a half years retired, I remember Sunday nights.

Weekends seem to stretch out forever on Fridays at 3:30, but Sunday nights come and that schoolbag sits unopened beside your chair, and there is a bare sketch of lesson plans to get you through the week.


My Sundays now are so much more relaxed. I make sure I have at least two presentable outfits in case I get called for subbing. I make sure my schoolbag is packed with essentials and I have some breakfast items ready to grab.

That's it!

No scrambling to get lesson plans done.
No grading.
Nothing.

My husband still usually cooks on Sundays, so I sit back in my chair, read a book, play some games, watch some TV.

That's it!

I love being retired.



3 comments:

  1. I’m looking forward to the end of Smonday! I am thinking it’s not going to include subbing, though- I started my first year in my district as a full-time sub in a special program we had at the time, a group of subs who received ongoing training as the Professional Development Support Team. We would sub while teachers had on site half day PD, so we were in 2 different classes each day. We would return to the same schools periodically during the year. I subbed in every grade and subject from K-12. It was enough subbing for a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am retired ,and gone are the Sunday night scaries. I teach writing classes as an adjunct at a Community College in the fall, but in the spring semester I am always looking to do new things. I currently tutor a few days a week. But I used to worry about having no structure on Mondays when the whole world went back to work. Now I go to yoga Monday mornings and enjoy a walk and catching up with stuff left from the weekend. I join you in your love for being retired. You get to choose what it is you want to do. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this sounds amazing! I teach on Tuesdays and Thursdays this semester, so that's my Monday night--oops, the grading! Oops, the lesson plans! Ha! I enjoyed reading about your new Sunday routine.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...