Saturday, April 28, 2018

Celebrating All the Little Things That Make Me Happy

1. IT. IS. FINALLY. SPRING!

2. Next weekend we will open our lake trailer. Not going to lie. April was a long winter. When I should have been packing lake boxes, planting flowers and enjoying the nice weather, I was, instead, shoveling snow and wrapping in blankets for warmth.

3. Spring Flowers. I finally went this week and bought some. Created a couple of pots to put on the deck. It's not warm enough yet to plant them in the ground. But we're getting there.

4. Chloe and I have been walking again and checking out signs of spring in the neighborhood. Tulips are up. Snow crocuses are blooming. Birds are everywhere looking for food. And I think we've seen the last of the "snirt"

5. Awesome fun finds at the Dollar Tree. You have to love a store where everything is literally a dollar.

6. Subbing has been fun this week. I love making new connections with kids I didn't have in class while I taught. I also love that as soon as I walk in the door kids are asking who I'm there for. And I know they cheer because their regular teacher is gone and any sub is a good day, but I choose to smile and think they are happy I am there.

7. I think I'm finally healthy. This winter was a tough one. Flu, a major cold, sinus infection. Yuck. I am done with antibiotics!

8. Sunshine.

9. Good books and plenty of time to read them.

10. Our library's annual used book sale. I got a bag full of fun books for me and the grandkids. Bring on summer beach reading.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is finally spring on Long Island, too, Deb. YEAH! I am glad that you are keeping yourself busy this spring. I went to the Dollar store yesterday and $35 dollars later, I came home with so many great buys that it made me happy. I was wondering if you and Chloe would like to create an image poem or inspirational quote from your walks. I would really love it. The invitation is at http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2018/04/spring-salutations-with-invitation-to.html and today's #celebratelu post is at http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2018/04/celebrating-springtime-18.html. Have a great rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...