Thursday, March 29, 2018

{solsc} 29/31 #sol18 Laughable

 My Stupid sign is flashing today and here is what I'm finding laughable...

Pouty Students: There are always those students who think if they pout and give you the silent treatment it will hurt your feelings.  It doesn't it. Some days, it makes my time in the classroom better. Then, for good measure, they throw in not doing the work that has been assigned. By now I should be crying in my pillow.

Then. Let's talk about the kids who haven't done any work for three days. Today. Day 4. Your assignment is due. These guys want to know why four notecards aren't enough.

How about the kids sharing a computer and pretending to work.

Or the kid who spent nine minutes in the bathroom.

Why do I find this laughable?
Because they've been given every chance, every reminder.
Because it will come back to haunt them.
Because I love saying, "I told you so."

2 comments:

  1. What goes thru their heads? Or do they think if they ignore it, it'll all go away? Consequences, eventually this will catch up to them. Yes, at that point, I guess all you can do it laugh and say "I told you so".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb,

    I think some of them truly don't get the subject or they do not have organizing skills. Sometimes you want to sit next to them, hold their hands and walk them step by step. That is why small class sizes, excellent and empathetic educators and good habits are essential in elementary schools so these kids will have a good foundation.

    Best wishes.

    Purviben
    http://trivediziemba.edublogs.org/

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...