Tuesday, February 20, 2018

#sol18 Sofa Time





It's funny how slices come about. Today's inspiration was from Jennifer Laffin and her #DWHabit Word of the Day SOFA.






SOFA. I laughed when I saw Jennifer's word of the day this morning. How in the world do you write about a sofa? It's just a piece of furniture and ours only gets used when company comes.

And then I looked at Choe on the love seat.


What do you mean it never gets used???? This is my favorite spot in the house! I can look out an see what's going on across the street. And that stupid cat that keeps coming over. How do you think I know when to bark and scare it away?

It is her favorite spot in the morning. She moves from watching out the window to this



Hey! It's hard work guarding the whole neighborhood!

She also thinks the sofa is hers--both ends--and she's not very happy on the few occasions I decide to lay on the couch. She trots right over and sits in front of me and stares.

It's my spot!

She can fit on the other end of the couch when I lay there, but usually pouts and heads back to the love seat.


Proof!  My pillow and my spot.  And you and dad have recliners and I don't sit in them! Besides, I love that pillow.

And the battle continues.

11 comments:

  1. I love the conversation you and Chloe had about the sofa. Adorable (as is she).

    Might I use this piece as a "Be Inspired" piece for the upcoming March SOLSC? Please email me in the next day or so if it'd be okay with you. THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how at first you thought there was nothing to write about a sofa, then you noticed and a slice was born.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear from Chloe again. She works hard and evidently sleeps quite comfortably on HER sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! A perfect slice. I love how you included Chloe's thought shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how we can come up with something to write about from just one silly word. Love that Chloe could add to the slice. I miss having Max share his thoughts with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you turned the word "sofa" into a slice. I'm sure Chloe is happy that you've realized the true significance of your sofa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love when Chloe writes, Deb, and I really enjoyed the back & forth between you and her in this one! So fun! And a great look at how something that seems so insignificant can really be a central piece of life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your story is heartwarming. The pictures carries the story forward. Chloe wants you to stay there.

    Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome conversation -- and so very very much like my dog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wrote this in such a humorous, but real, way. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...