Thursday, February 1, 2018

Good-bye January. Hello February

My goals for January were simple:
Eat Healthy
Move More
Write Every Day 


So, two out of three ain't bad. Right?

Eating healthy has really proven the easiest to accomplish. We've found several new recipes that we both like.  This Sweet Pineapple Chili Chicken was a particular favorite. And, the best part is, it's a Crock-Pot recipe, so it's perfect for days I sub.

I've been eating lots of vegetables and even Greg is learning to enjoy them. He seldom makes a vegetable when he cooks--meat and potatoes make a meal.



The flu hit on the 9th and that really affected the other two goals.  Being sick and the fatigue that followed, plus some REALLY cold weather, meant that my goal to move more didn't really happen. I tried. But ....

Write Every Day was accomplished if I don't count the week and a half I was sick. I didn't always publish a blog post (but to be fair, that wasn't my goal), but I did write in my notebook every day, so I'm checking that off as a win.



I'll keep the three January goals as we head into February, but I'd like to add a new one.

Practice Love and Kindness

I don't have a plan for this. I'll play it by ear. But I want to be more intentional about this.  



1 comment:

  1. > But I want to be more intentional about this. <

    A great goal for everything we do! I love the face you keep writing! I hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying retirement (and feeling better!). :)

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...