Monday, February 5, 2018

A Little Late to Celebrate? Nope!


So many Celebrations in the last couple of weeks. We've been visiting friends and family on the weekends, so I haven't been getting my celebration posts written.  But today I am going to get this done!

*** Last weekend we visited Greg's sister in Wisconsin. We went out to eat and saw other family. Spent Saturday driving up to  Green Bay, which is only a short drive, but a few little shops along the way slowed us down a bit.  Title Town in Green Bay is built around the Packer Stadium and a really cool place to visit if you are in the area.  


The thing I really appreciate about this is that with close family ("You're not just family, you're my friend," is what my sister-in-law said), is that we can also just say, let's just go back and hang out at the house.  There's no need to always be doing something or entertaining.  And so, we headed home after a late lunch and did just that.

*** I subbed a couple of times this week. Once in Art and once for English. I love both areas, so it makes for a couple of nice days. I appreciate seeing kids, visiting with friends, and the fact that I have no school work to do when I get home!

***Took a former student to lunch on Wednesday. These little moments, one on one are so precious to me. This is a student I miss a lot. And to catch up on her life and all the goings on was awesome.

*** This past weekend we drove over to the lake and went to the wedding reception of a friend's son. It was a great time visiting with friends, dancing, and just having fun with people we haven't seen in a few months. Lake time can't come soon enough. We stayed at a friend's home and we so appreciated how they went out of their way to make us comfortable and feel at home. I won't go into details, but they really did go above and beyond.

So those are my celebrations for the last couple of weeks. Better late than never! Right?

1 comment:

  1. Love that our celebrations have no time stamp, just whenever we get around to it. No school work to do after school is the best reward for subbing. It seems like it's been awhile since I've had the leisure to sleep until I wake up. Sometimes, even retirement gets busy. Kudos for spending time with family and friends. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...