Tuesday, January 30, 2018

#SOL18 . #DWHabit . Cranky



I should be
CRANKY
when my phone rings shortly after 6:00am

I should be 
CRANKY
and pull the covers over my head 

I should be
CRANKY
about not crossing things off my to-do list

I should be
CRANKY
because I stayed up way too late on a school night

But I'm not.

My clothes are ready.
My attitude's ready.

And I get to sub in Art, which is fun and
CREATIVE.

Added bonus. I don't have to go in 'til
9:00am
So there is plenty of time for an
extra cup of coffee and
Snuggles with Chloe.

7 comments:

  1. Now that sounds like the way to start a day! I love that your attitude is ready. Hope it was a fun time in art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. You are so spot on. I love the way your piece speaks to choosing joy in every circumstance. The little poem at the top is so cute. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love when you have everything ready the night before? That's my goal, and it makes all the difference. I don't do well when I rush. Then I become CRANKY! -- Christie @ https://wonderingandwondering.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you have done with the word of the day. Subbing in art sounds like fun. Hope your day was creative and not a bit cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb, I am so glad that the cranks are no longer present and you get to do what you want. You are definitely the Queen of your life! How about creating an #imagepoem for my winter gallery, #WinterWonderland18. Here is the invitation: http://beyondliteracylink.blogspot.com/2018/01/invitation-to-winter-wonderland-gallery.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, that image really got me. I have to be sooooo careful with this, or I am absolutely right there. Especially in the morning! I loved how you flipped from cranky to grateful! :-) I will remember this post for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't retirement great? Allowing us to make the decision of what and when we want to do something. Hope you enjoyed your Art day!

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...