Wednesday, January 31, 2018

#DWHabit . How I Procrasitinate

As I've said before, I sit down with my writer's notebook every week or two, date the pages and write a prompt at the top. That way, when I sit down to write each MORNING, I have a prompt to get me writing immediately. I change it up once in a while. For example, yesterday I used Jen's word of the day for my writing.



I laughed when I opened my notebook a few minutes ago and prepared to write--in the AFTERNOON, after the gentle nudge to share what we've written today.


This is what I found.



Procrastination. I've been great at it today.

First, I read instead of writing this morning. Not a bad thing. I promised I would write after I read a while. But instead, I messaged some friends about a weekend wedding reception we've all been invited to. And that led to a conversation about my brother-in-law who has been in the hospital. All of which is important, but procrastination just the same.

I went back to reading when I was done. It's a John Grisham book entitled The Whistler, by the way. A perfect quick, easy read for procrastinating. I did manage to get up and throw some laundry in.

At about 11:00am, I finally got dressed (Oh. The life of the retired), and then met a former student for lunch. Lunch was awesome. We ate and chatted for about an hour and a half! There's nothing better than checking in with my kids.


When I got home I sat and visited with my husband for a bit before he went to work. We talked about important things like what to fix for supper. I watched a little NCIS and played a couple of Facebook games. Then I saw the check-in post.  OOPS! I still hadn't written! I thought maybe I would write about lunch today until I opened my notebook. And then I knew, just knew, I had to write about how I procrastinated today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...