February is brutal when it comes to time.
I'm up early this morning for another speech contest. Individual events this time. It's the next to last contest I'll ever coach.
But here's what I celebrated in the last couple of weeks
- Great performances from my kids at our last contest.
- Senior boys acting group who were honored with an All-State selection
- An instructional coach I love in my room
- A friend who comes to check on me during a mini-meltdown (inevitable in February)
- Being so busy there's no time to "count down" to the end
- My school kids who also get that these are days to remember and celebrate
- Longer days so that it isn't dark out when I leave school
- Valentine flowers
- Snow days
- Speech contest is only an hour late today after the blizzard of yesterday
- A co-coach this year who helps make sure everything gets done
- Ruth and writing group and their Facebook live event! It was so fun to see them all.
OK. It's all I've got today. I'll be back next week and will try to write a real post!