Sunday, January 1
The silence is welcome, yet deafening. Our boys and their families hit the road and should be home by now. And I am tired. a good tired. A cozy tired. A "PJ pants and new fuzzy slippers wrapped in a blanket in my favorite chair" kind of tired. But before I doze in my chair watching TV, there are some things I want to remember...
- the grandkids' excitement for one more Christmas
- Chloe's excitement and then despair once everyone arrived--including the new dog, Maverick. She's not so fond of Maverick
- Hearing "When are we going to open presents" 1,000,000 times and laughing at all of them
- Mitch (our oldest son) checking out the presents to see what he had under the tree. Once a kid, always a kid
- Hayden's face when he opened his "Poop" emoji slippers (I hope his mom got a good picture of that)
- Kaylee and Angelina's excitement for their books (The Fault in Our Stars for Kaylee and Roller Girl for Angelina. I'm excited they are finally getting to the age where I know good books for them)
- Food. Way too much food.
- Playing Tripoly and the funny, crazy things that get said as we play. Let's just say we get a little competitive playing games :)
- Dog cuddles
- Boston putting together the little guys toys (Yea for grandkids who can put together toys!)
- How fast plates of Christmas cookies disappeared
- Love shared
And now it's Tuesday. Back to school. And I have memories to make me smile.