My favorite day of the week. Celebration Saturday. I was celebrating my week before Ruth started her Celebration link-up, but I love that now I can celebrate with others. Once you start finding the JOY in your week, those little MOMENTS help BALANCE out your life.
I've been more intentional about celebrating MOMENTS this year since I joined Ali Edwards One Little Word class this year. I'm not sure what actually prompted me to do it, but I'm happy about it. I'm more conscious of taking little MOMENTS just for me, of keeping track of those MOMENTS in my notebook and, sometimes, just enjoying them.
This week I celebrate:
- Our family message chat: We have a group chat on Facebook that just makes me smile. I never know when a silly picture, a news article link, or just a check-in will pop up. We visit and call when we can, but those mid-week connections just make my day.
- Kids who trust and respect you. I wrote about a group of them the other day, but I can't help but give them all a shout-out today.
- Chocolate. Unexpected gifts of it. From a student. Enough said
- Chloe hugs. Someday we will have to record a Chloe greeting when we've been gone for awhile (and five minutes is a while). She gives the best hugs ever.
- Time to finish a book. Last night I made Friday night mine. I finished an escape book, had a glass of wine, and watched fun TV. A perfect night.
- I work with amazing educators. People who care about students and the state of education. We work hard to improve, to do our best for kids.
- Today we will head north and visit with old friends. There's nothing better.
I'm sure there is more, but that's all I've got this morning. Enjoy your weekend. Celebrate the MOMENTS.