Monday, March 16, 2015

{#sol15} 16/31 All-State!

https://twowritingteachers.wordpress.com/
Join us at Two Writing Teachers
for the March Slice of Life challenge.
Share your stories!


This year, as a senior, he decided to try a new event, something he hasn't done before. He wrote an Expository Address about 3D Printing.

"Mrs. Day,  I was horrible. It's the worst I've done. I stumbled over words like crazy. I just know it's a two."

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad. You're awfully hard on yourself."

" Really. It was not good."

An hour later, he received one ratings from every one of his judges.



This is her second year in speech. Her second year doing Reviewing. This year she chooses to review a Korean pop album. The twist was, she didn't like the album. It was a negative review. No one ever does negative reviews.

"Mrs. Day,  I was horrible. It's the worst I've done. I stumbled over words like crazy. I just know it's a two."

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad. You're awfully hard on yourself."

" Really. It was not good."

An hour later, she received one ratings from every one of her judges.


Today we found out that both of these kids were chosen for All-State!

An honor reserved for a select few. 

We are so proud of them.


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to both of your students being All-State! That is quite an honor. I love the way you encouraged your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both of them! How exciting!

    I loved the way you structured this piece. Moving us through their risk, their doubt, and their triumph was delightful.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to everyone! We are our own worst critics ... Now to keep practicing and get ready for all state!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo! All State. Congrats to your students. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...