Saturday, March 1, 2014

Celebrate

Discover. Play. Build.




My friend Ruth Ayres has created a wonderful spot for sharing moments from your week. She even has  a page to give you all the details you need to know about sharing your own celebrations. So head  on over and see what everyone else is celebrating. 



1. Conferences with parents. I really don't mind conferences.  I like meeting with parents. I like telling them good things about their kid. I've always told my students to make sure their parents stop in to see  me because I will say at least one good thing about them. Naturally, kids challenge me on that, but it really isn't too hard to find something nice to say, even if there are some other things to say also :)

2. Our girls basketball team made the state tournament!  This is such an amazing group of young women. Many of them I taught in junior high when I was teaching advanced English. They are smart and athletic!  They are good friends, smart, nice to have in class, true student leaders....what more could you want?

3. My speech kids!  I had a little minor melt down on Monday, wondering how in the world we would ever be ready. I should know better!  Kids buckled down and worked hard. They practiced with me. Practiced with friends. Recorded themselves practicing alone. Most are ready to perform today. 

4. And last, but not least, a normal week of school. How's that for something to celebrate! We haven't had too many of those this year.

Just a note:
I have often written celebratory posts--- Friday Favorites, some titled Celebration, others that just because.  I love that Ruth has given us this spot to share.  Having this place to share every Saturday keeps me looking for the good in my day. It helps keep me upbeat all week, even in the midst of meltdowns!  If you haven't started sharing your week with us over at Ruth's blog, please think about it. I promise, it will make your week!

Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. Happy to hear about your awesome basketball team-good for them! And about your speech kids too-I always wish you well, Deb. This is a great place to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about having a normal week! I love the bit about conferences. It is sobering to realize how rare it is for our students to hear something positive about themselves; they almost don't believe it can be done. Our district had conferences twice for the first time this year. It was nice to talk to parents in February, when I really feel like I know their kids.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...