Saturday, August 4, 2012

Mark Twain Live

I am not a fan of so-called "classic" books. I generally think they don't have much value for some of our students. Especially British Lit, as my roomie will tell you.

But I love Mark Twain. And while reading through my Twitter feeds this morning, I found a link to this little vide. The only footage of Mark Twain in existence. And the English teacher geek in me got a little excited.  But who to share it with?  

You are the only people I know who will find this cool.



3 comments:

  1. If only there were footage of Jane Austen, Emily Bronte, or Ben Jonson....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The byline is equally very cool. It's not exactly how we look at breakfast, is it, Deb? Thanks for sharing this. There are some long ago poets who are recorded reading their own poems which I love, but there's nothing as old as this I don't think. Twain's in his usual white suit, looking just as we imagine him, & with his daughters, really special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark Twain's Adventures of Tom Sawyer is the only classic novel I read with my students in its entirety. I am smitten with this footage! It is impossible not to feel transported when watching it. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...