Saturday, October 8, 2011

4 Books



4 Books


This will be hard. How to choose only four books?????

1. Gone With the Wind:  The first grown-up book I read. I was 12.  I have loved it ever since and find something new to enjoy every time I read it.  A must have...

2. Inkheart:  I fell in love with this whole series. But the first adventures of Meggie in the Inkheart world are my favorite. For anyone who has disappeared into a book they were reading....

3. Rebecca: This is another book that I discovered as a teen and I love it to this day.  This would satisfy my need for suspense and mystery.

4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows:  Doesn't a Harry Potter book have to be on a list?

4 comments:

  1. I so knew Gone With the Wind was #1. Knew it. I could have predicted these. Isn't that awesome? We're like book buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a challenge, to choose only 4. I like all the books on the list, especially Inkheart, and except the Harry Potter. I must confess I've only read some of the first ones. I just couldn't get into them. I loved Gone With The Wind and have actually had a few young women take the challenge of reading that long book. I think the challenge of the long Harry Potters helped lots of students read longer books, so there is some good in the series (te he). I love this list-making, Deb. It looks like you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have read Gone With the Wind at age 12 also. I loved it! I just read Shanghai Girls. And am now reading "The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating". So my 4th? Alice in Wonderland. Oh, I can't do this. I just remembered a couple others I loved. "This is too hard!" (in whiny voice)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choosing 4 was very hard. I really had to think about it and they had to fit my many reading moods. Linda--I didn't really like the first HP and had to force myself to read it. And only read it after reading Jim Trelease's Read Aloud handbook. He said all teacher should read it so they at least knew what a Muggle was. Then I kept reading. Book 4 was what hooked me on the series.

    And yes Schwade--we are book buddies. Pretty sure I can guess what is on your list!

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...