Saturday, August 13, 2011

All Summer in a Week

It's the last week of summer vacation and while I should be at home, traveling to school for a bit every day to work on "school stuff", I am at the lake trying to cram every last bit of summer in that I can. Why? I don't know. We'll continue to come to the trailer every weekend until mid October.  But the season is winding down ( insert sad face).

We spent a lot of time outside, just enjoying the beautiful weather we have been graced with this week. After 27 days of above normal temperatures (many days of heat indexes about 100), this feels heavenly!  As the adults just sat and relaxed the kids had many adventures.  One thing I truly appreciate about our grandkids is the fact that they don't need a lot of toys to be entertained, nor do they need adults to entertain them. Especially at the lake, they find plenty to do.  Their imaginations and a few props are all they need.  Here they are, traveling by boat to some far off place.


We also took a day and did some "touristy" activities.  We played mini-golf at a course with a Wizard of Oz theme. It wasn't busy while we were there, so the kids could run ahead and play holes without us and then run back and play with us.

We also went to the amusement park--not to ride the rides, but to play in the park within it.  Kids choice.  There are lots of climbing toys, slides and sand to keep them amused.  It's one of their favorite places to go!


And, of course, no outing is complete without stopping for ice cream!

2 comments:

  1. Oh-it's such a bittersweet time. There will be time enough for school, you know. I'm glad you are spending the time with your grandkids, enjoying each moment. And of course, the ice cream is always special. I've loved hearing about your lake time! (Thanks for telling me about your having the 7th graders write about their reading history. Me, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been a lovely summer at the lake with you! I'll enjoy our fall days there too! So make sure to update for those precious weekends.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...