Sunday, March 13, 2011

What I Miss on Sunday Morning

We have had an exceptionally busy winter. There was a spell we were gone 10 or 11 weekends in a row.

Ugh.

I am a homebody in the winter. When we are gone, I feel disconnected. Sunday, for me, is a day to nourish my mind and soul and I don't seem to be able to do that when not in my own space.

I want to wake up on my time--whether that is 6:00am or 9:00 am. I don't want to feel like I have to get up and visit. I want to start my coffee in my kitchen and wash my hair in my bathroom.

I need my fuzzy blanket to wrap around me while I drink coffee and read the Sunday paper--the hard copy, not an online version. There is nothing comfy about reading on the computer. I want Chloe to whine until I put the paper down and call her into my lap for a little cuddle time.

I want to watch HGTV and be inspired.

I want to look at my pile of school work and know that there is a whole day to get through it (although at 8:00pm, I get a little panicked!)

I want to doze in my recliner to a movie. I want that to happen while supper is in the crock pot (or my husband is cooking--either is acceptable).

I need to soak in my nice deep bathtub, filled with wonderful smelling bubbles, a good book and not be interrupted.

I need my home.

5 comments:

  1. You said some profound things here, really! It's such a nice thing to love being home, & your reasons why show such grounding. I especially liked the line about looking at the school work, & knowing there's a whole day...
    It yawns before us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sundays are a great day just to be. It is so nice when there is no push and pull on you. It gives you a chance to take a breath before the hecticness of the week sets in. Happy Sunday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many good lines here. I am definitely on the same wavelength. I especially love Sundays where I don't have to leave the house and can put on pjs again after I shower. The line about being inspired by HGTV cracked me up. It felt like sort of an exaggeration, but I know exactly what you mean! Here's to many more Sundays at home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you! There's something about my home that I love as well--just being there is centering to my soul. And even though I love to go traveling and visiting, I find myself counting down--along the lines of "only 3 more days until I get to sleep in my bed again."

    I think today's post is a post of listing--yours and mine! Thanks for your comment.

    Elizabeth E.
    http://peninkpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure I could have written this piece because you wrote exactly how I feel. I'm a homebody who loves the same things. The older I get the more of a homebody I become. I hope you got some Sunday time in.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...