Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Slow down, take time, must breathe.....must teach....

What's on the Book Pile - Magus Booksphoto © 2009 J Brew | more info (via: Wylio)
One of the great benefits of this challenge has been checking out other blogs tucked away on the side of someone's blog, finding new resources in other's blogs.  Spilling Ink is one of those resources. I don't remember whose blog it was on, I just know I was captivated by the title, the website and the idea behind it.

My copy of the book came a couple of days ago and I just started to read it. Now I am in a terrible quandary.  I am also reading Unwind by Neal Shusterman. Fabulous read so far. My problem is this I can't physically read two books at one time. I have no problem with switching back and forth between a fiction and non-fiction book. It's just I can't decide which to read, when!

I can't read one page of Spilling Ink and then one page of Unwind. I can't even read one chapter of one and then one chapter of the other.  I want to know what Conner and the others are doing without me while I am teaching. I can't wait to try the next writing activity that Anne and Ellen have planned for me. What's a woman to do?

If only I didn't have to teach. Then I could read all day and probably finish them both. But then what would I do. I don't have a back-up book right now.  There is nothing in my To-Be-Read pile that I really want to read!!! Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Slow down, take time, must breathe.....must teach....

6 comments:

  1. It's hilarious to think that one of the reasons that you are reading some of the books is because you are a teacher, but to read the books, you need "not" to be teaching. What a dilemma, but you made it fun to read. We readers have the hardest time, don't we? I love the photo. Is it really someone's home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment! This post kind of wrote itself. I really thought I was going to reflect on the things I have learned during the challenge! I found the photo at Wylio.com. They have great pictures and will automatically credit the source for you. They even explain how to get the picture on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the site. I'll look it up! Funny how our writing 'writes' itself. Subconscious here we come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping to be able to solve the dilemma of teaching and doing other stuff by retiring! Don't you just love writing when you think you have an idea and it evolves during the writing into something else. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling! I have been saving a book on my nightstand because I don't want to be interrupted by life while reading it. Spring break can't arrive soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm commenting on your comments - I love it when a slice writes itself. When they do, I feel like I've plumbed the well.
    Now I want to go read about those books.

    ReplyDelete

3/17 I'm So Lucky

  I'm so lucky to have a birthday on St. Patrick's Day☘️ Everyone likes to celebrate my birthday (even if they don't like green ...